Wednesday, April 29, 2009

the curse.

over dinner they gathered
picked a number and decided
who to curse.

hereby we, the powers over you
shall make you know;
and this enlightenment shall be
thy curse forever.

Now travel through time,
carrying a curse on thee.
knowing the truth and crime
of every face you see.

So every face I see,
I know its truth and crime.
carrying a curse on me,
now I travel through time.
I look at you and
your skin peels out
it falls off your face
as your true flesh comes out
it's barren and ugly
it's red in blood
it's barren and ugly
cells bloating
and numb
and barren
and ugly
I shut my eyes
squeeze them too tight
"prevent me thy sins!"
I reach out to cry
they haunt me like crows
the blackest of them black crows
them big black crows
with them big black beaks
them big black crows
with them black eyes bright
they look me in the eye
and multiply multiply
a million times they multiply
till you can see no more.
I think I escape
fall on the ground and curse
curse life and living
curse being and giving
and I call upon the powers
"free me!", I cry
from the crows, free me
from them crows, free me
I want to know nothing more.
I don't want to know people
I don't want to know a soul
its deep dark secrets
are best untold.
and I drag my feet through the woods of life
carrying my excess baggage
of millions of lives
millions of weary books
millions of secrets
and empty clocks.


over dinner they gathered
they laughed at me and said:
you thought you knew it all
and to you it was all revealed
but the dumbest thing you did not see
the one truth you could not shield.

and they left me standing there
looking blankly at the horizon
not knowing anything at all
but the fact that I was played
and that the only curse,
was, in fact,
me.







1 comment:

Innate_Inanenuss said...

u know that this post describes n fits me well or not? Haunted by black crows while seeing others for who they really r...while myself being the curse.